Before I motivate the shit out of you, I’ve got 2 things to say.
1. I like giving you how-to guides. Things that you can read about and apply, but honestly sometimes all we need is for someone to say stuff that’ll get us to do something, so I’ll be that person.
2. This will honestly only motivate for a bit. It’ll be just enough to get you up from bed and do something that makes you feel good (which is the goal), but eventually the motivation will wear off. But, don’t worry I have a solution for that here and here. Oh, and if you want to get rid of excuses, you can watch this video!
Cool, so now that that’s out of the way. Let’s get you to do something.
You could be reading this for multiple reasons.
You could be lying in bed, feeling guilty because you just spent the last five hours binge watching Suits or Stranger Things or any other great show.
(But really, who can feel guilty about watching these guys?)
Maybe you’re in your living room thinking about starting something new with your life, like learning a new instrument or starting a business, but instead you’re scrolling through Instagram—completely sick of it—and envying others for having fun lives.
Wherever you are, it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that you get up and do something that you want to do, something that’ll bring you some joy.
Because life is too fucking short to sit around and be bored with your life.
Let me ask you this, if you were to die tonight, would you be spending time scrolling through social media even though you’re tired of it? Hell no!
Well, guess what? That could happen. You could die tonight. You could die in a week. SO DO SOMETHING THAT WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE. DO SOMETHING THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL FULFILLED. DO SOMETHING THAT YOU’LL BE PROUD OF!
Look, I love watching shows. I don’t regret the time I spend watching them (95% of the time). But you’re reading this for a reason and that’s because right now you are sick of them. You’re sick of sitting around on your computer watching YouTubers get rich with your views and sick of watching those awesome animated short films that one family member or friend always shared.
So…stop watching and DO SOMETHING.
If you really want to, you can.
If you want do something that requires you to step out of your comfort zone, you can do it. Want to know how I know that?
Because I know, for a FACT, that you are really, really brave. I know that you’re strong, and I know that you can do anything you want to do as long as you want to do it.
I know that it’s scary, but when you step out that box you’ve locked yourself in, it feels SO good! It feels so good that even if you make a mistake or “fail” everything is still okay because you can be proud of yourself for trying.
You should go out and do the things that you want to do because you deserve some goddamn happiness, like shit. You know I’m right.
People can be assholes and there’s racism, sexism, homophobia and way more. PLUS, we’ve got our own problem too! I think we deserve some freaking happiness.
Imagining yourself accomplishing things feels extremely amazing and real, right? So, could imagine how you would feel if something actually happened in real life and not just in that beautiful mind of yours?
Stop being tired of being tired. Listen to this motivation, and do something.
5 MOTIVATING QUOTES:
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”—Lao Tzu
- “Please think about your legacy, because you’re writing it every day.”—Gary Vaynerchuck
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”—Arthur Ashe
- “I can and I will. Watch me.”—Carrie Green